Sunday, June 21, 2015

Looking for a Home...

My first visit to the shelter was a learning experience for sure. Every step of the way I was so grateful to be with Yukari as my guide and teacher. If I do this right there's a lot more to it than just playing with cats. I have to admit, though, that was my favorite part. All these cuties - and more - are available for adoption at the Aurora Animal Shelter in Aurora, Colorado.  Go get 'em!  They deserve loving homes. Y


This beautiful boy was planning his play time.


First step - check out this person behind the lens. 
She's ok. So now, on with my plan.



Next step - jump in a crate


Wait. Maybe that one is better.


Or wait... maybe that one is better.


Maybe I'll just sit here and dream about someone special 
coming thru the door and taking me to my forever home. Y


This ol' gal let me know what she thought of me.



This guy was happy just to chill under our chairs.



This little one kinda' stole my heart.


She liked to jump around.


It was difficult to leave her after she kissed my nose... 
and wanted to follow me out the door. L


So what are my feelings? I don't know. I don't know what my feelings are. The experience was overwhelming and I'm still trying to take it all in. I have the ability to block sad feelings so in this case it will work in my favor.  I'm only sad because, as any animal lover would, I wish I could take them all with me. 

All I can do is give them love and fun when I am with them and do my best to promote their little lives and the shelter and find them homes!



No comments:

Post a Comment