Monday, July 13, 2015

They Have Made Me a Better Person

I ran across an endearing article today on the Huff Post. "10 Things We Can Learn From Our Dogs That Will Make Us Happier and Healthier Human Beings"

Have a read.  It's worth 5 minutes of your time.

I laughed when I read the part about "I'll watch whatever you want to watch. It doesn't matter that I don't like Real Housewives of anywhere - I'm lying next to you and I'm happy."



Hand to God - Koko watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with me!

I found so much I could relate to in the article. I have had many beloved cats and dogs in the past but there is just something about these two. 


I think they came into my life at a time when I was searching for some meaning - and they gave me that. I had the time to truly devote myself to them. I have said it before and will continue to say it - these two have taught me so much. They have challenged me in ways I've never been challenged. They are goofy beyond belief and have made me laugh - deep belly laughs that leave me exhausted with joy. 


They have shown such sweet and unconditional love and affection. 



I only hope I can care for them as well as they deserve for the rest of their remarkable little lives.

It is because of them I learned about the abundance of senior dogs (and cats) in shelters who just want someone to love them and give them a safe home. And they are often overlooked in favor of puppies and kittens ~ despite how much they have to offer. (It has since become a passion of mine - finding homes for older dogs and cats.) 

It is because of them - and the loving care they both received in a shelter - that I myself became a shelter volunteer. 

It is because of them that I do all I can to promote dogs and cats, puppies and kittens on social media - hoping to find them the homes they deserve.

It is because of them that I am a better person. YY

No comments:

Post a Comment